Jets Insider.com Forums
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 129

Thread: Ryan Nassib vs Geno Smith Tonight

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Even though he is an idiot, Jesse Palmer made a great point about Geno Smith. He is in total control of that offense and makes a lot of calls on the line depending what the defense gives him. This is a must in the NFL and something especially Sanchez has struggled with recently. WVUs offense unfortunately really doesnt give Smith a great opportunity to show a lot of throws down the field but again, I think his demeanor and leadership show big time.
    Exactly. Smith is a really bright guy and has all the physical tools. He did not get a big chance to show much in this game and the weather was such that I would throw it out anyway. He is going to be a very good NFL QB

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    I'm underwhelmed.
    Because you saw one game, in crappy conditions? LOL.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Even though he is an idiot, Jesse Palmer made a great point about Geno Smith. He is in total control of that offense and makes a lot of calls on the line depending what the defense gives him. This is a must in the NFL and something especially Sanchez has struggled with recently. WVUs offense unfortunately really doesnt give Smith a great opportunity to show a lot of throws down the field but again, I think his demeanor and leadership show big time.
    I agree 100%. I remember during the 4th quarter, WVU was down big time and Smith was not having a great game. That being said, you saw Smith in players' faces, trying to keep them motivated. That is leadership. Compare that to Sanchez and his puppy dog look on the sideline whenever things are not going well. Its easy to be a leader when things are going well, its when the chips are down that real leaders show themselves.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,386
    I still like Nassib and I'm not going to let mediocre stats in a snowstorm change my mind on that. If anything, this might be a good thing, so now hopefully he won't creep up into the 1st round and he'll be there for the Jets in the 2nd or 3rd

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,241
    Without getting into 100 ridiculous opinions like on JI, what did you nassib do well/bad last night.

    His numbers obviously were bad, but I thought his velocity was really good (he threw one ball from the opposite hash mark to the sideline which is definitely an NFL throw), his delivery seemed "over the top" which is great, and allows him at 6'2 to be tall enough. Thought he hit his receivers in the hands/chest for the most part. He also showed a decent ability to run.

    The near pick 6 was a terrible read and throw, but i didnt think he was inaccurate other then that.

    Thoughts?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,541
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Without getting into 100 ridiculous opinions like on JI, what did you nassib do well/bad last night.

    His numbers obviously were bad, but I thought his velocity was really good (he threw one ball from the opposite hash mark to the sideline which is definitely an NFL throw), his delivery seemed "over the top" which is great, and allows him at 6'2 to be tall enough. Thought he hit his receivers in the hands/chest for the most part. He also showed a decent ability to run.

    The near pick 6 was a terrible read and throw, but i didnt think he was inaccurate other then that.

    Thoughts?
    Tough conditions to evaluate him yesterday. I thought he looked good given the weather. A couple of his deep throws down the sideline were off, he kind of floated them a bit, but overall I would prefer Nassib in the second over Smith in the first. I wouldnt touch Smith, not based on anything from yesterday, but he is way over rated right now.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Tough conditions to evaluate him yesterday. I thought he looked good given the weather. A couple of his deep throws down the sideline were off, he kind of floated them a bit, but overall I would prefer Nassib in the second over Smith in the first. I wouldnt touch Smith, not based on anything from yesterday, but he is way over rated right now.
    Evaluating a few Quarterbacks this bowl season, and no QB scares me more than Smith. There was a stat is saw that showed if his receivers were tackled right where they caught the ball he would only average about 6 yards per/att and nearly 1/3 the touchdowns. That's pretty convincing to the fact that his skill players/system benefits him more than anything

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Evaluating a few Quarterbacks this bowl season, and no QB scares me more than Smith. There was a stat is saw that showed if his receivers were tackled right where they caught the ball he would only average about 6 yards per/att and nearly 1/3 the touchdowns. That's pretty convincing to the fact that his skill players/system benefits him more than anything
    I've got to say this on Geno's behalf: it has to be tough for him @ 6'3 to throw any routes in traffic to those WRs who are all less than 5'10 (I think). Hence the bubble screens or the deep balls.
    Kid has the physical gifts and, from everything I've read, is very bright. I have a feeling his stock is going to soar again after the combine. I'd love to have him in green.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    I've got to say this on Geno's behalf: it has to be tough for him @ 6'3 to throw any routes in traffic to those WRs who are all less than 5'10 (I think). Hence the bubble screens or the deep balls.
    Kid has the physical gifts and, from everything I've read, is very bright. I have a feeling his stock is going to soar again after the combine. I'd love to have him in green.
    Agree, as I've watched more and more film, I'm really impressed with this kid's physical gifts. I'd also love to see him in Jet green.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,063
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    I've got to say this on Geno's behalf: it has to be tough for him @ 6'3 to throw any routes in traffic to those WRs who are all less than 5'10 (I think). Hence the bubble screens or the deep balls.
    Kid has the physical gifts and, from everything I've read, is very bright. I have a feeling his stock is going to soar again after the combine. I'd love to have him in green.
    They are fantastic players and have provided him with far more yards after the catch than most players would have. Tey are a very important part of his success.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •