Jets Insider.com Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This kid has the look ....Western Michigan J White

Quote Originally Posted by YDKFootball View Post
    I'm sorry man, but AYFKM?

Funny ha ha Dallas Clark was not that physically gifted..this kid is more..Manning made Dallas Clark

Quote Originally Posted by JETFANDREAMER View Post
    Funny ha ha Dallas Clark was not that physically gifted..this kid is more..Manning made Dallas Clark
    lol aside from Clark being 6'4" 260... both he and White are exactly the same, right?

Would you guys mind spelling Chaz's name properly please? It's Schilens.

Bad knees and lacks elite size/speed, but do love that he catches in stride in the middle of the field in situations where other receivers would sit. Upside is probably late-career Hines Ward without the blocking game, you would think. There are worse things to have in a 4th-5th receiver than a polished route runner who understands coverages and doesn't make easy drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Would you guys mind spelling Chaz's name properly please? It's Schilens.
    Skillens, got it.

Shilkens is going to open some eyes this year.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Shilkens is going to open some eyes this year.

_
    I think our new DE Fred Couples is going to have a masterful season too.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFANDREAMER View Post
    Dallas Clark was a first round pick. In his prime, he was one of the best receiving tight ends in the game. Did it help that Manning was his quarterback? Yes, it did. But he had the talent to perform at a high level anywhere.

Clark - 6'3 252 (TIGHT END)

White - 6'0 208 (WIDE RECEIVER)

Still one of the worst comparisons that I've ever seen, and you continue to prove that you don't know football.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by YDKFootball View Post
    Dallas Clark was a first round pick. In his prime, he was one of the best receiving tight ends in the game. Did it help that Manning was his quarterback? Yes, it did. But he had the talent to perform at a high level anywhere.

Clark - 6'3 252 (TIGHT END)

White - 6'0 208 (WIDE RECEIVER)

Still one of the worst comparisons that I've ever seen, and you continue to prove that you don't know football.
    a few suggestions:

1) its embarrassing to claim others don't know football because you disagree with their comparisons of players- especially when you have made the same type of comparison (White-to- Hines Ward)...

2) didn't we go through this previously when the board was on JI? when you forgot who was playing on the other side of Kalil at USC in 2009??? same time you made the claim there were no safety's worthy of 1st round picks in the 2012 draft all along accusing others of "you don't know football"??

3) if you want to post your opinions be my guest- if you want to berate other posters i think its going to end badly...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_TFY View Post
    a few suggestions:

1) its embarrassing to claim others don't know football because you disagree with their comparisons of players- especially when you have made the same type of comparison (White-to- Hines Ward)...

2) didn't we go through this previously when the board was on JI? when you forgot who was playing on the other side of Kalil at USC in 2009??? same time you made the claim there were no safety's worthy of 1st round picks in the 2012 draft all along accusing others of "you don't know football"??

3) if you want to post your opinions be my guest- if you want to berate other posters i think its going to end badly...
    1. Comparing a 7th round WR to a 1st round TE, and then claiming that Dallas Clark isn't physically gifted = ridiculous. It may embarrass you, but I'm okay with it. (It's the same thing you're trying to do with #2)

2. That's possible. This safety class is one of the weakest I've seen. I believe Mark Barron was an incredible reach, and I'll stand by that until he proves me wrong. Harrison Smith was also a reach. Don't really know what Kalil has to do with anything though.

3. It's my opinion that comparing Jordan White to Dallas Clark is ridiculous, so I am going to post it. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't think I'm breaking any rules by disagreeing with him. It's like the time you compared Tyrann Mathieu to Cliff Harris, and I disagreed. Opinions vary. I'm sorry that I'm not "nice" about it.

I appreciate the information and opinion you provide (at times), but it's not the be-all, end-all.
    Last edited by YDKFootball; 05-07-2012 at 08:51 PM.