Jets Insider.com Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Jets Trade Partner In The First Round

I just talking to another Jets fan about this scenario yesterday.

Ultimately, future first round picks are the life blood of an owner's team. The owner, not the GM or coach's team. They may be gone in a year or two and they have short term goals in mind while the owner always has to be mindful of the long term goals of the organization.

I don't know if Woody is a seasoned enough owner to identify a move that is not in the organization's long term interest.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ingram, but I don't know about giving up 2 # 1 picks for him; especially with Tebow at QB (it's coming). Denver/Tebow only won because their defense kept the score extremely low - allowing Tebow the chance to win it in the end with his one (or second) TD for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kcb160 View Post
    I just talking to another Jets fan about this scenario yesterday.

Ultimately, future first round picks are the life blood of an owner's team. The owner, not the GM or coach's team. They may be gone in a year or two and they have short term goals in mind while the owner always has to be mindful of the long term goals of the organization.

I don't know if Woody is a seasoned enough owner to identify a move that is not in the organization's long term interest.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ingram, but I don't know about giving up 2 # 1 picks for him; especially with Tebow at QB (it's coming). Denver/Tebow only won because their defense kept the score extremely low - allowing Tebow the chance to win it in the end with his one (or second) TD for the game.
    They want to be there long as possible, if anything pans out they are F'd by getting rid of 1's and 2's.

It's not going to happen, let's not "out think the room" here...

Just a thought...the Titans for a fallen DT? I am not a big Brockers fan at all.

Jets are trading their 1st, their 3rd and Tim Tebow to the Jags for the 7 pick and and the Jags 5th. Then they'll draft Ingram. You heard it here first. Tanny is the man with the plan.
    Last edited by IndianaJet; 04-13-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Jets are trading their 1st, their 3rd and Tim Tebow to the Jags for the 7 pick and and the Jags 5th. Then they'll draft Ingram. You heard it here first. Tanny is the man with the plan.
    I so hope that you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I'd sign for that in a heartbeat

Administrator
    interesting Jets news later tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_TFY View Post
    interesting Jets news later tonight....
    Tony leaves us with more cliff hangers than a Charles Dickens serialized novel. Will be waiting with baited breath.

Dammit Tony.

Way to leave us in suspense lol

Tony... a trade maybe in the works?? throw us a hint, bro.