1-16 Quinton Coples - DE - North Carolina - 6'6", 284
    2-43 Stephen Hill - WR - Georgia Tech - 6'4", 215
    3-77 Demario Davis - LB - Arkansas State - 6'2", 235
    6-187 Josh Bush - S - Wake Forest - 5'11", 208
    6-202 Terrance Ganaway - RB - Baylor - 6'0", 239
    6-203 Robert T. Griffin - OG - Baylor - 6'6", 335
    7-242 Antonio Allen - S - South Carolina - 6'1", 210
    7-244 Jordan White - WR - Western Michigan - 6'0", 208

Overall the Jets did a really good job in this draft, it has the potential to be a lights out draft if the first two picks turn out to be more boom than bust. The Jets recognized that they had to get a better pass rush without blitzing. Coples should be a big help in this regard but Rex will have to find the right spots for him. After putting him throw a bunch of OLB drills at his pro day Rex immediately declared that he is going to be a hand in the ground DE. The Jets have really improved the Dline the last couple of years.

The Jets had a massive weakness at WR as far as the deep game was concerned. They were pathetic at going down field and whether people want to blame the OC or oline or the QB the fact remains they simply had no WR that was a threat. It was a huge detirment to the offense as even mediocre DB's were jumping all over the medium and short routes. They smartly traded up a few spots to make sure they got potentially the best deep threat in the draft. Hill will take some work in other areas but he should instantly help the offense big time if he can even cash in on a few long plays. Jordan White drafted late is not super fast, or super big or super healthy but you simply can't ignore his massive production. A lot of people like Patrick Turner but he doesn't do much for me. Schilens is totally unreliable injury wise.

I was intially upset with the Demario Davis pick simply because we had so many other needs. I think this pick speaks to the fact that Bart Scott is all but done and the other ILB's we have had (Mauga, Berring, Bellore) are not at all starter material. If this guy can be a starter thenI'll concede it as a good pick.

I was very very happy the Jets did something I have been preaching since the end of last year, double dipping in the draft for safeties. The last time the Jets did that they drafted Andre Maddox and Kerry Rhodes. Rhodes ended up playing a pro bowl calibre for a few years (until he went hollywood/nuts). You really increase your chances of coming away with a possible starter by doing this.

I had Ganaway as a pick in my very 1st Jets mock. He supposidly has some weaknesses in his game but his a real big body that still has some agility. I do think the Jets needed another back and getting this guy in the 6th round was good value.

I was glad they drafted at least one olineman and they drafted the type of guy I wanted. A big bodied road grader style player. I don't mind seeing my olineman get beat at times if they are up against great pass rushers but I just hate the timed they get pushed back into the QB on bull rushes.

There are two big areas of concern for me that were not addressed in the draft. OLB, Rex must think Maybin is going to pick up right were he left off this coming year. Bryan Thomas is on his last legs and Pace is declining. I had hoped we would get someone in the draft to shore up this area. Tight End, The Jets have some good pass catching TE's but Sparano is supposidley all about blocking TE's. We did not draft any TE's but we may come up with someone in UDFA.

Overall a really good draft. I am very thankful that we had late compenstatory picks that could not be traded or I'm sure we would have had a 6 player draft.

Awesome write up Fish.

Are we certain that Davis is going to play exclusively inside?

One of my favorite Jets drafts in a while.

First..you cant fill all the holes in one draft..and I think they addressed the most pressing....although we would like some OL competition or up grades...they do have quite a few bodies there...and if Ducasse or Howard can turn into something decent..Hunter can go back at times to playing his "ELEPHANT" loaded TE set as an extra blocker on the line which he did excel at...Davis will be versatile and able to do alot of things..and hers hoping our Sapp, Turner, and Schiliens can develop

Good write up fish.

The jets really went for it in this draft. I absolutely love it.

Go big. It's not like they are 1 player away.

Good write up fish.

The jets really went for it in this draft. I absolutely love it.

Go big. It's not like they are 1 player away.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good writeup..

Post draft presser at the end Rex was asked about OLBs...They obviously like Maybin...Rex also said they like and have a good feel for Ricky Sapp and they resigned Eddie Jones...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Good writeup..

Post draft presser at the end Rex was asked about OLBs...They obviously like Maybin...Rex also said they like and have a good feel for Ricky Sapp and they resigned Eddie Jones...
    Eddie Jones was a beast at training camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    There soon might be a TE on the market

The Jacksonville Jaguars really upset some of their fans when they drafted punter Bryan Anger with their third-round pick on Friday night. One player was even so appalled that he sent out a tweet.

Zach Potter, who is a third-string tight end for Jacksonville, took to his Twitter account and shared his displeasure with the masses:

Potter later deleted that tweet. He finished the 2011-12 season with 50 yards on five catches.
    http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...fter/10666448/

Potter was in camp with us last year or the year before as an UDFA. He started at DE for Neb.