Jets Insider.com Forums

Thread: Possible Trade Partners

Possible Trade Partners

I know its not a popular idea amongst Jets fans, but the fact is this front office has a propensity to trade up on draft day.

It's pretty clear that the consensus favorite here is Ingram. He's my favorite too.

At what point do you, as a couch GM, consider trading up for him, let alone anybody?

At what point do you, as a spectator of Tannenbaum, expect him to pick up the phone to trade up?

There seems to be good will between the Jets and Panthers. Jenkins trade, Revis trade... if Ingram is there at 9, would you/do you support the chance to move up? What kind of package do you consider? What if he's there at 12? Do you call the Seahawks?

Let's ignore our emotions here - we're talking what-if's, not sure-things. I don't want us to give up picks trading up either, but if the team and package are right, at some point you have to consider it.

We currently have a minimum of six picks. We'll likely pick up at least a couple of compensation picks. Let's say we go into the draft with a total of 9. Would you feel comfortable coming out with only 8 if it meant Ingram or anyone else you covet? Mind you, the compensation picks will be late.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 03-22-2012 at 02:19 PM.

I dont see us trading up at this point it will be Upshaw, Perry, Luke Kuechly or Brown IMO. 2 of them will likely be their when we pick only matter which one Rex likes more. Trading up isn't helping us a lot here. We need both our 2nd and 3rd. If we trade up it will be in the 2-4th rounds.

I agree with dreamers and for once cap considerations might come into things. I know there is a slotting pay scale of some type for new draftees now but I assume top 10 guys make more than lower guys.

If he makes it to the 10th pick,and u want him,that's when u start thinking about making the move.

If the FO thinks Ingram is the next DWare, then you trade up. You dont go looking to buy a Mercedes and settle for a Toyota.

Actually I'm looking to trade down and at least look at what the options would be at 26 and the end of the second round. Houston ,looking for WR Micheal Floyd at 16, send the Jets the 26th pick and the 58th to the Jets ....Fantasy island .. the Jets pick T/G Cordy Glenn at 26, Safety Harrison Smith at 47, and OLB Mclellan at 58

Seem to me that we are "all in" with ground and pound. I suspect the player we might trae up for is Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    Actually I'm looking to trade down and at least look at what the options would be at 26 and the end of the second round. Houston ,looking for WR Micheal Floyd at 16, send the Jets the 26th pick and the 58th to the Jets ....Fantasy island .. the Jets pick T/G Cordy Glenn at 26, Safety Harrison Smith at 47, and OLB Mclellan at 58
    That trade makes sense, I just would prefer to see us go with other players. I do believe its possible Keuchly, Upshaw, or barron could still be on the board at 26. The dream scenario for me would be Barron, Doug Martin at 47 and Mclellan at 58.