Jets Insider.com Forums
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teeebboowww.....

Administrator

Teeebboowww.....

so what's the opinion of everyone?? For a 4th rounder its a good move imo....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_TFY View Post
    so what's the opinion of everyone?? For a 4th rounder its a good move imo....
    Yeah. He's at least shown enough to be worth that. So does this mean the unfathomable news at RT is D'Brick?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aten View Post
    Yeah. He's at least shown enough to be worth that. So does this mean the unfathomable news at RT is D'Brick?
    LOL..no...

Good move and resource management for the level headed in my mind. The one downside is that invariably the dunder heads in the media and some fans will be calling for tebow the 1st time sanchez makes a bad play. The good thing is the price for a guy that can help the team win games now and be a good asset going forward. I said on the main forums that I see some team who has some bad QB injuries or if their QB busts trading for him within a few years and the Jets getting 3rd or higher.

its a 4th and 6th and get a 7th back. not a good deal

They didn't give up much in terms of value to acquire Tebow, but the Jets are now without question the biggest joke in the NFL.

Al Davis is dead, so there was a fight for the bottom... and the Jets just delivered the kill shot. Complete laughing stock.

And now how does this work out? It will be a QB controversy all season long... not to mention that this doesn't make the offense much better.

I'm dumbfounded to be honest.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    They didn't give up much in terms of value to acquire Tebow, but the Jets are now without question the biggest joke in the NFL.

Al Davis is dead, so there was a fight for the bottom... and the Jets just delivered the kill shot. Complete laughing stock.

And now how does this work out? It will be a QB controversy all season long... not to mention that this doesn't make the offense much better.

I'm dumbfounded to be honest.
    i tend to doubt there will be any QB controversy- they are not bringing Tebow in to unseat Sanchez....light a fire under his a$$? yes...

i tend to doubt there will be any QB controversy- they are not bringing Tebow in to unseat Sanchez....light a fire under his a$$? yes...
    tony - changing the subject to the draft - do you think the jets would possibly go olb in rounds 1 and 2, ie, taking branch/upshaw in the first, and then possibly even trading up for another in the 2nd? also, do you think the tebow thing changes their offensive drafting? maybe a cordy glenn?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tony - changing the subject to the draft - do you think the jets would possibly go olb in rounds 1 and 2, ie, taking branch/upshaw in the first, and then possibly even trading up for another in the 2nd? also, do you think the tebow thing changes their offensive drafting? maybe a cordy glenn?
    no...i think it will be a combo of OLB/OL/WR in the first two rounds...Branch not going in first...

it may not be the intention to have a QB controversy... but it will most certainly happen unless Sanchez comes out of the gate on fire and never falters. In other words, there will be trouble.

It's nice that they are lighting a fire under Sanchez, and maybe that's all they want to accomplish... but it's an awfully dangerous game they're playing. What if Sanchez just loses it? Now you're stuck with Tebow and good luck with that.

Do you think they think they can turn Tebow into a real QB down the road or flip him for a high pick? That's the ONLY way this move could make sense to me.