Thread: von miller-best athlete in the draft

von miller-best athlete in the draft

if youre going to call patrick peterson a freak, better include this guy, every bit the freak peterson is, with way better tape, best athlete in the draft with best tape= guaranteed winner. time to reevaluate boys

Except he played the season at 237. Safety size. If someone can prove to me that he can put on 20 pounds, and maintain his speed, then I will buy into his hype. Until then, these 330 pound NFL tackles will have their way with him.

I think the notion that he has to gain weight to play effectively is a total misconception. Derrick Thomas played when there were 300+ pounders in the league, and he played weighing 240 pounds tops. What Von Miller has to do is prove he can play physically, regardless of his size.

There are many players in this league who have proven that you don't have to be 6'4 265 to be an effective pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem View Post
    I think the notion that he has to gain weight to play effectively is a total misconception. Derrick Thomas played when there were 300+ pounders in the league, and he played weighing 240 pounds tops. What Von Miller has to do is prove he can play physically, regardless of his size.

There are many players in this league who have proven that you don't have to be 6'4 265 to be an effective pass rusher.
    I think Miller will be a good pass rusher, I just question his strength at the point of attack which I believe is a skill a 3-4 olb must have. He didn't show that at Texas A&M but he could prove me wrong in the NFL.

I agree, but again his size doesn't necessarily mean he will be incapable of that.

I know he wasn't a sexy name, but Dexter Davis out of Arizona State last year could really hold the point, and he was a little over 240.

It's not so much his weight is that many teams took advantage of him in the running game in the Big 12. Big 12 is a pass happy conference so I believe that speaks volumes.

I'm not saying that 237 pound OLBs can't be strong at the POA, I'm open to anything. But, Miller was 237, and he was manhandled in the run game. He hasn't really proven that he can handle the point, and I attribute that to his weight.

you mean 246 lbs and he still ran in the low 4.5s high 4.4s depending on who you ask or how the wind was blowing that day. Note to john fox. stay in the 3-4, you have a pass rush nightmare tandem on the team, and teams with pass rush nightmare tandems win a lot of football games in the nfl. I know, i see it every week. youre going to have either single block von miller or elvis dumervil, good luck with that out there.