PDA

View Full Version : Will you lose your mind if the Jets dont take a WR in the first 3 rounds?

Ruby2
02-26-2012, 01:57 PM
I would.

Not saying we need to take one in the first, but if we don't address the position early, with the depth in this class, I would lose my shit.

augustiniak
02-26-2012, 02:05 PM
I would.

Not saying we need to take one in the first, but if we don't address the position early, with the depth in this class, I would lose my shit.

i wouldn't care as long as they addressed other needs. i mean, if they drafted ingram, a safety in the 2nd and a RT in the 3rd, would that be bad? there are many scenarios where they don't take a wr in the first 3 rounds.

Untouchable
02-26-2012, 02:06 PM
They have to take a receiver early.

We're going to have next to no money left after we re-sign Pouha. We're not going to be able to afford a starting caliber WR in free agency.

Our #2 WR next year is probably going to be a rookie anyway you slice it. Might as well be a legitimate prospect and not some 4th/5th round pick that takes 3+ years to develop.

SyracuseJet
02-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Depends on how the board falls, to be honest. There's a lot of scenarios that dictate to not take a WR in the first 3 rounds. It's obviously not ideal, but a legit possibility.

Ruby2
02-26-2012, 02:07 PM
i wouldn't care as long as they addressed other needs. i mean, if they drafted ingram, a safety in the 2nd and a RT in the 3rd, would that be bad? there are many scenarios where they don't take a wr in the first 3 rounds.

See UT's response below. It would be that bad.

Beerfish
02-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Depends on how the board falls, to be honest. There's a lot of scenarios that dictate to not take a WR in the first 3 rounds. It's obviously not ideal, but a legit possibility.

I agree totally with this. Want one? Yes, force one when better value is elsewhere? No.

We need a playmaking olb
We need a good safety
We need an olineman
We need a WR

If the combo tumbles right we might not get the wr early. I also like some of the mid round kinda guys.

augustiniak
02-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I agree totally with this. Want one? Yes, force one when better value is elsewhere? No.

We need a playmaking olb
We need a good safety
We need an olineman
We need a WR

If the combo tumbles right we might not get the wr early. I also like some of the mid round kinda guys.

i think the jets would best be served if they got a pass rusher in the first, then got doug wilson in the 2nd. the jets need a rb who can catch more than they need a wr. they can get a wr in the 3rd or 4th round who can contribute. i think floyd is the best wr in the draft and with his 40 time he'll probably be gone. sanu and many of these other wrs seem like quality possession wrs. don't see them going wr in the 2nd round. either 1st or 3rd.

Ruby2
02-26-2012, 02:14 PM

We need a playmaking olb
We need a good safety
We need an olineman
We need a WR

Thats the thing, I dont think there necessarily better value out there. This WR class is just so deep.

Beerfish
02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Thats the thing, I dont think there necessarily better value out there. This WR class is just so deep.

It all depends on who is on the board at the time. If we are in the 2nd round the Wr's left there might not be good enough to justify passing on a nice oline, olb or saftey. We have enough holes that drafting for postion need should not come into being until 3rd round or later. I do think our 1st round pick is going to be a heck of decsion and will make some people unhappy. I think we will have a shot at one of the top 3 Wr's but we will also have a shot at a good olb and a good olineman as well.

DDNYjets
02-26-2012, 02:39 PM
I think the WRs are very deep this year. I think they could get decent value in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

JetOrange
02-26-2012, 05:25 PM
I think the WRs are very deep this year. I think they could get decent value in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

The combine seems to confirm that idea that there is depth at the WR position. The Jets will have 7 picks from Rounds 5 to 7

Ohio State NY Jets fan
02-26-2012, 06:04 PM
The combine seems to confirm that idea that there is depth at the WR position. The Jets will have 7 picks from Rounds 5 to 7 agree and think 1st and 2nd may be too early for WR

Chupa
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Do you guys understand that regardless of how deep this years wr class is there are only MAYBE 3 players that could make a significant impact on the 2012 jets.

CTJetsFanII
02-26-2012, 06:46 PM
The combine seems to confirm that idea that there is depth at the WR position. The Jets will have 7 picks from Rounds 5 to 7

Really? How did we do that? I've been looking for a site that has picks by round (minus comp picks that have yet to be announced).

JonEJet
02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Really? How did we do that? I've been looking for a site that has picks by round (minus comp picks that have yet to be announced).

He's including comp picks

Ohio State NY Jets fan
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Do you guys understand that regardless of how deep this years wr class is there are only MAYBE 3 players that could make a significant impact on the 2012 jets. only 3 WR's ? seemed like more options to me

Dreamers
02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
No not really. I think we do in the 3rd, or trade back into the 2nd to get one. If they get Colston or feel that Kersley is a viable #2 I could see them passing on WR until the 4th or 5th though. Return WRs aren't as big a value as they where 2 years ago and we have some good young depth IMO. There are seriously about 14 very good WRs here to be had. You should see a lot of starter come out of this class.

Ruby2
02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Do you guys understand that regardless of how deep this years wr class is there are only MAYBE 3 players that could make a significant impact on the 2012 jets.

Simply not true

Ruby2
02-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Simply not true

We do not have a #2 receiver currently on the roster. We are strapped for cash so there is no guarantee one is coming by way of free agency. If we take a WR in the first 3 rounds they most certainly will see a ton of playing time and have every opportunity to make an impact.

TheMikeIsHot
02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
There are so many needs, WR is clearly one of them, but it's not the most glaring IMO.

I think they need to add 2 WRs, but they don't have to be taken early for me to be satisfied. There are some quality players who will go in the 4th and later.

jets rooter
02-26-2012, 08:10 PM
keep the faith.the wide reciever position is loaded with starting calibre recievers. the jets can draft a very good w.r. throughthe first three rounds.

jets rooter
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
not always.checkout last years draft of wide recievers in the first round

SenorGato
02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
First three? Sure. I like Marvin Jones.