– If Jason Verrett looked a little off his game late last season you’ll have to excuse him. Verrett played through most of the 2013 campaign with a torn labrum in his shoulder, an injury he’ll have surgery to repair sometime during the week of March 17th. I was told the game plan is for Verrett to complete his combine workout then take part in pro-day on March 6th. The next week Verrett is expected to schedule individual workouts for almost a dozen teams before undergoing the procedure to fix his shoulder.
– I’m told Denver Broncos guard Zane Beadles would be content testing the free agency waters if he doesn’t get a deal done with the team. I’m also told the Jacksonville Jaguars and Miami Dolphins head the list of suitors if Beadles hits the free agent market.
– I spoke with former Vanderbilt receiver Chris Boyd and was pleasantly surprised by his demeanor and respectful attitude. Boyd told me he measured in at 6-feet, 4-inches, 206-pounds and hopes to run in the low 4.5’s on Sunday.
– Speaking of running on Sunday, I received a lot of grief after posting earlier this week Martavis Bryant of Clemson will scorch the track, timing in the low 4.3’s during the forty. Earlier today separate sources, unaffiliated with Bryant, confirmed the wide out is a low 4.3s/high 4.2s forty man.
– Fast times are also expected from another receiver, John Brown of Pittsburgh State. Earlier today someone predicted Brown would be the fastest man on the field Sunday.
– I’m told Georgia Southern quarterback Jerick Mckinnon, who projects to running back in the NFL, is expected to turn in a terrific workout. His marks will include bench press result in excess of 30 reps, a vertical jump over 37-inches and low 4.4’s in the forty.