– I continue to hear the Oakland Raiders want to move from the third slot in the draft. The player everyone wants at that pick is Lane Johnson. Sources tell me there’s still a good chance Oakland flips with the Detroit Lions. The Arizona Cardinals have evidently entered the mix as a trade-up partner for Johnson, assuming the price is not outrageous.
– I’m told the Raiders are unlikely to draft Shariff Floyd, even if they can’t move down from the third slot. As one source close to the situation told me earlier today, “the mock draft community is overrating Shariff Floyd”. Word is the Tennessee Titans at ten look like a good fit.
– The player the Raiders really value is Star Lotulelei of Utah from what I’m told. The Philadelphia Eagles and Carolina Panthers also value Lotulelei. Carolina may try and move up if Lotulelei slides while it must noted the Eagles did give a nice free agent contract to Isaac Sopoaga during this off season.
– Several people have told me the Houston Texans will consider USC receiver Robert Woods in the first round.
– Again, the consensus from league insiders I’ve spoken with is the New York Jets will look hard at a quarterback in round one. The optimum strategy is moving down with one of their choices then grabbing a signal caller late in the frame.