The final big night in Mobile as scouts, coaches and general managers depart after three days of Senior Bowl practices. Tonight we feature information on a number of players not in attendance and tell you why Colin Peek did not practice today.
– Wake Forest cornerback Brandon Ghee told us he expects to run to run in the 4.3’s at the combine. Ghee stated he has been timed at 4.4 in the past.
– Boo Robinson, who was highly rated prior to the season, has fallen off the radar screen after his senior campaign. Robinson did not receive an invite to the combine, which surprised many. So what happened? Sources have told us Robinson dropped 35-pounds and went from 320lbs down to 285lbs. The reason? Evidently he has back problems and the smaller frame helped Robinson alleviate the situation.
– Florida receiver Riley Cooper has suffered with arch problems the past three seasons, a major part of the reason why his game has little burst or speed. Can the situation be fixed by the combine? Sources told us probably and Cooper could run much faster than most people think in Indianapolis.
– Colin Peek did not practice on Wednesday as he was suffering from either the flu or food poisoning. A decision has not been made as to whether or not Peek will play on Saturday.
– Many were surprised Linval Joseph of East Carolina entered the draft. Sources have told us the sole reason Joseph opted for the draft was coach Skip Holtz decision to take the South Florida job.
– Clifton Geathers of South Carolina recently measured 6-feet, 7-inches and 305-pounds. Scouts feel the junior has the versatility to play as many as three positions on the defensive line.