The first day of the Senior Bowl is almost over and there’s plenty of buzz and breaking news. We will update this through the night but here are a few opening notes. Update 11:30PM- Trent Williams, Greg Hardy, Bryan Anderson, Rolando McClain!!
– Sources have told us there’s concern about Oklahoma offensive tackle Trent Williams. Scouts were surprised he did not show up to the Senior Bowl after such a poor season in ’09. He’s been branded as a “follower” and not really a guy who takes charge.
– We have learned tonight that Rolando McClain of Alabama has settled on Pat Dye for his representation.
– Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour has taken every opportunity in interviews to push Bryan Anderson his senior teammate who has been flying under the radar screen.
– Last week from Shrine Game practices we reported that Mississippi defensive end Greg Hardy was dropping; the situation is worse than we first reported. Evidently the Mississippi coaches have been killing Hardy in their reviews to NFL scouts. He’s got a ton of off the field issues which concern scouts including the rap he’s not a hard worker and showed up to meetings late. This evening sources told us Hardy could fall into the third round.
– Dan Henning closely inspected all the receivers from start to finish during today’s South practice.
– The initial word on O’Brien Schofield is not good. We twittered that the Wisconsin defensive end was taken from the field with a knee injury and sources have told us it looks severe, one saying Schofield blew out the joint.
– Chris Scott was a late replacement for Trent Williams of Oklahoma. Sources have said Williams just decided not to play in the game. We will investigate this further.
– While he looked sloppy today at 370-pounds, sources close to the program told us Terrence Cody played near 385-pounds this season. He did have certain weight marks he was suppose to hit, but after the start of the season they were never monitored.
– Geno Atkins looked terrific on the field today but scouts question his passion for the game. Many feel Atkins just does not enjoy playing football.
– In talks with a source within the program, Texas A&M’s Von Miller recently ran a 4.47 electronically time forty yard dash on campus. Miller, who led the nation in quarterback sacks this past season, is only an underclassmen who was talked into returning for his senior campaign by the Aggie coaching staff.
– During this year’s annual “meat market”, Vladimir Ducasse registered at a svelte 326 pounds. This is down from the end of the season where he reportedly weighed 340 pounds.
– Cleveland Browns’ scouts were active after the North practice concentrating heavily on the offensive linemen in attendance. Utah product Zane Beadles already has a meeting set up with the team in the very near future.
– Jet’s scouts were quite active after the North practice as well. On this particular day Penn State defensive tackle Jared Ordrick, Illinois tight end Michael Hoomanawanui, Utah linebacker Koa Misi, and California defensive end Tyson Alualu garnered the most attention. The Raiders coaching staff also hold Misi in high regard as he was seen talking to the team’s defensive coordinator and linebacker’s coach after practice.