Posted a little later than initially desired, this weeks live wire still contains a lot of insider news. Additional names to be added to the list of underclassmen considering the draft, another name for the Senior Bowl roster and plenty of scouts-speak from the west coast.
– We’ve received more confirmation that Miami Hurricane cornerback Brandon Harris is likely to enter the draft. Sources have put it better than 80% at this point.
– Another defensive back playing in the state of Florida we once again hear is strongly considering the draft is Gators safety Will Hill.
– USC Trojan offensive tackle Tyron Smith is leaning towards entering the draft at this point, according to sources.
– Another Pac Ten tackle that will explore his draft options once the season ends is Cal’s Mitchell Schwartz.
– Staying on the west coast, Chris Carter of Fresno State is swiftly moving up draft boards. In fact former NFL safety Rich Miano, presently associate head coach at Hawaii where he is also the pro-liaison, has said Carter is the best defensive player in the WAC and rates him higher than Nevada’s Dontay Moch.
– Speaking of Dontay Moch, numerous west coast scouts have told us the senior is overrated and being over-hyped because of his forty time. Phrases like “one-trick pony” have entered the conversation when analyzing Moch.
– Several teams are very high on BYU tackle Matt Reynolds, whom we told you last month will enter the draft. In fact according to one league decision maker Reynolds could sneak into the early part of round two.
– Add Troy State receiver Jerrel Jernigan to the growing list of players that will be receiving an invitation to the Senior Bowl.
We will have more on Carter, Moch and Reynolds during our podcast this week!