– From what I’m told Andrus Peat is now on the fence as to what his next move will be. On December 5th, I reported the word in scouting circles was Peat was likely to stay at Stanford for another season. I also mentioned, “Could he (Peat) change his mind? Never say never. People will try to get into his head and show Peat the dollar signs which await him but as I hear it the player himself wants to return to Stanford.” I’m told to some extent this is what’s taking place; Peat is weighing his desire to return to college versus the economic advantage of turning pro. A decision from Peat could come by the middle of next week.
– Tight end Jesse James of Penn State is another wrestling with his next move. I’m told James is deep into weighing his options and like Peat a decision is expected next week.
– What will be the decision of Ohio State’s Taylor Decker after the national title game? I’ve heard a variety of rumors but most area scouts believe Decker will enter the draft. The junior tackle, who has flown under the radar for much of the year, is graded as an early second round pick by scouts. I’m of the opinion Decker will slide into the late part of round one if he enters.
– On New Year’s Eve I reported on the health status of Indiana running back Tevin Coleman. Since then I’ve been informed Coleman had surgery on his ailing toe/foot in December. Once again sources I’ve spoken with question whether Coleman will be ready to workout at the combine.
– Speaking of the combine, the accepted belief is Michigan State cornerback Trae Waynes will hit it out of the park in Indianapolis. I’m told the junior should break into the 4.3’s when (if) he runs the forty the final week of February.